Each year, the Flatbush Nostrand Junction BID aims to create a more vibrant commercial corridor by introducing new business improvement initiatives, and helping new and established businesses find the resources they need to succeed.
We work very hard with local businesses to provide new and expanded services that improve the working and trading environment of the area.
Doing Business in Brooklyn gets Easier with Us
We’re your one stop business development office. Whether you’re starting, expanding or relocating a business to our community, we have the connections and tools that will smooth your way.
The Flatbush Junction BID (the BID) will connect you to local, regional and state resources to help streamline your development. Our team is ready to meet with you to answer your questions about our community, business environment and vacant property inventory. Just give us a call today.
Documentation & Filing
Community/ Business Partners
NYC Government-managed Business Centers
Whether you are looking to start or grow a business, learning to tackle a government procurement contract for the first time, or wanting certification as a minority, veteran, or women-owned business, there are many local, regional, and national resources available.
The following organizations offer a mix of informational, financial, training, and networking services to help businesses start and/or grow.
New Business Checklist (Link):
The State of New York provides a convenient check list with the basic requirements for starting a new business in New York.
City of New York M/WBE Certification Program (Link):
- The NYC Department of Small Business Services runs the M/WBE program to promote fairness and equity in City procurement processes.
- For more information, call the Certification Helpline at 212-513-6311 or email MWBE@sbs.nyc.gov for more details.
NYS Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Link
- Assists small businesses to start, grow, and be profitable. Services are free and confidential with additional low cost training options available.
- The SBDC Brooklyn office is located at NYC College of Technology, 25 Chapel Street, 11th Floor Brooklyn, NY 11201
Business Licenses (Link):
The State of New York Department of Licensing Services issues licenses required for doing business in New York State. To determine whether or not a license is needed
New York State Minority Business Enterprise (MWBE)
- Administered by Empire State Development, to encourage minority business participation in the State’s procurement process.
- For more information, call the Certification Helpline: (212) 803-2414 or Visit our website
The NYC Department of Small Business Services (Link)
- This office offers free services to help businesses start, operate, and expand in New York City.
- Whether you need financing assistance, legal advice, and ways to score new business opportunities with the City. For more information, go to the NYC SBS Business Solutions website
Incubator & Workspace Community
By fostering incubator and co-working space networks that provides low-cost space, business services, training, and networking opportunities to startups and small businesses across a variety of sectors. As your business expands we hope you will consider the Junction for your office location.
Below is a list of community-oriented and affordable incubators, wet lab spaces, and shared workspaces in Brooklyn:
20 Jay St, Suite #312, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Brooklyn Art Incubator
47 Hall St, Suite #1, Brooklyn, NY 11205
the COMPOUND COWORK
1120 Washington Ave, Floor 2, Brooklyn, NY 11225
Made in NY Media Center
30 John Street, DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Downstate Biotechnology Incubator
760 Parkside Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226
630 Flushing Avenue, Second Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11206
Urban Future Lab
15 MetroTech Center, 19th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201